What are noninvasive cardiology and cardiac testing?
You’re in good hands at Zambito Heart Center. Here are some of the many tests cardiologist Dr. Zambito may conduct during the diagnostic phase of patient care.
- Nuclear Stress Testing – Combines routine treadmill or pharmacologic stress testing with nuclear cardiology to detect significant blockages in the arteries of the heart. This state-of-the-art technique is performed in a safe and controlled environment. The information obtained allows Dr. Zambito to tailor your specific treatment plan or to determine if further diagnostic tests are needed.
- Stress Echocardiography – Combines routine cardiac ultrasound techniques with treadmill or pharmacologic stress testing to not only detect significant blockages in the arteries of the heart but also to give useful information about the structure of the heart and the function of the heart valves. This technique also gives useful information above and beyond routine stress testing techniques and allows Dr. Zambito to target specific areas of your treatment plan.
- Transthoracic Echocardiography – Uses soundwaves to create moving images of your heart and blood vessels – as they function. It shows how your heart chambers and valves and heart muscles are working.
- Holter and Event Monitoring Systems – Holter monitors are worn for 24 hours and record the heart continuously, similar to an EKG. Event monitors are worn for extended periods, up to one month. These monitoring systems allow detection of difficult-to-treat heart rhythm problems and enable Dr. Zambito to diagnose heart rhythm problems.
- Cardiac Catheterization – An invasive state-of-the-art diagnostic procedure to detect significant blockages in the arteries of the heart. This procedure also allows Dr. Zambito to measure pressures in the heart chambers and great vessels of the heart. It is safely performed in an outpatient hospital setting.
- Vascular Ultrasound – Carotid and arterial ultrasound uses soundwaves to precisely measure blood flow through the carotid and other arteries.
To learn more about diagnostic testing at Zambito Heart Center, call us at 347.808.8324.